Hey Mr. Cleveland, (I am him) tell me where you’ve been? Around the world now I’m back again……for another edition of Cle’s Quickes!
If you are a movie lover and a comic book geek, then you are loving this Superhero Summer we are having. Iron Man, Indiana Jones, The Hulk, Hancock and The Dark Knight have turned this summer into a comic book lovers dream!
Over the July 4 weekend, I was watching a program that listed the top superheroes of all time and it had Spiderman listed number one! I was like what? How the hell can he be the number one Superhero of all time and he weighs a buck-o-five. As a result, I put together a top ten Superhero’s list of all time. Take a look and see if you agree or disagree.
LOOK! Up in the sky…..
It’s a bird…….it’s a plane!
No its Supaman Lova baby…….
Top Ten Superheros
10. Wonder Woman – She was born by a Greek Goddess and raised as an Amazon Warrior. Plus she could lasso me anytime.
9. Spiderman – Have to give him props off the strength that I use to wear his Underoos when I was little. However, he is still a little wimpy to be any lower.
8. Spawn – The only brother on this list has a tragic past. Not only did he make a deal with the devil, but his best friend bagged his wife once he died. Brings up memories of Dre saying to Eazy “Use to be my homie, use to be my ace now I wanna smack the taste out you mouth!”
7. The Hulk – Who didn’t watch The Incredible Hulk as a kid? (yes had those underoos too…) Caught in the heart of a gamma bomb explosion, Dr. Bruce Banner finds himself transformed into a 7 foot, one ton giant, with unlimited strength and a keen scientific mind. Gotta love it!
6. Iron Man – I am a big Ghostface Fan and his early skits of Tony Starks as Iron Man had me revisit this great superhero. So many gadgets and gizmos he was even able to defeat the Hulk. Plus the best movie of the summer…..at least until The Dark Knight.
5. Flash – Wally West is your typical cocky guy that always trying to get at the ladies. OBTW……he can tap into the universal force that gives him near light speed.
4. Professor X – Although he is in a wheel chair, he has a power everyone would love to posses, mind control. Just think about going into the boss office with this power, you would have the highest performance rating in the company! And let’s not talk about being in THE CLUB with this!
3. Thor – The Norse God of Thunder! More powerful than The Hulk, plus he is armed with a mystical war hammer capable of opening passageways through space and time. In addition, he was blessed by Greg Nice who so eloquently penned “Got more rhymes than the Mighty Thor!” Well that didn’t make sense but you get my point!
2. Batman – One of my favorite shows of all time. Whether it’s the cartoon series or the TV show, Batman will always be my favorite. No superpowers, just a utility belts and ninja like skills. Plus the meanest ride in the game.
1. Superman – He’s Superman, do we really need an explanation? He’s powered by the sun, has heat vision, freezing breath, invulnerable strength, speed, stamina and hearing! What else do you want from your Superhero?!?!
Other Notable Superheros
Eric Sermon aka The Green Eyed Bandit
DJ Green Lantern aka The Evil Genius
Ghostface Killa aka Iron Man
Redman aka The Superman Lova
Kool Keith from The Planet Octagon
Why Black People Don’t Run With The Bulls
Unless your name is Michael Jordon or Ben Gordon there is no reason to be running with the bulls. Case in Point.
The annual Running Of The Bulls festival began in Pamplona Spain, and on the first day thirteen people were seriously injured. Many were concussed, one had ruptured a spleen, one broke his ribs, another suffered a collapsed lung and one suffered from a fractured testicle. OUCH! In football he would be credited with a half of sack!
Video Of The Week
Three Doors Down – Krytponite